Monday, April 8, 2013

Little Trips with Grandaddy

These pictures are from the summer of 08. Michael was only a year old and Mallory 3 and a half. Daddy came to visit us from New Zealand when we were living in Frankfort. He and the kids and I went to Carter Caves State Park for night and stayed in a cabin. He was always up for an adventure. That was one thing so wonderfully fun about him. He would go anywhere and make it such a memorable event. We took a caramel apple pie with us from the Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen in Louisville. That night when we got back from dinner I went to the kitchen of the cabin to get us a piece and discovered mouse tracks on the counter! Yikes! I was not happy. It was late and we didn't want to have to move. I kept the light on all night in the room where Michael and I slept. Mallory slept with Granddaddy and they probably didn't think a thing of it. The next day I called the front dest and asked that we get the room comped. We did:)

Here we are taking a cave tour. Daddy looks so handsome here!
 


Mallory took a horse back ride.


Daddy put Michael on the mantle. That's his hand reaching for him. I have a picture of me with Santa where I am crying hard and Daddy's hand in reaching for me in that picture as well.
 
 
We stopped by the mall in the Lexington on our way back and Paul met us. Daddy had fun posing with the presidential candidates:) 
 


Daddy treated Mallory to a little make over at Libby Lu in the mall.
 
 
 
 

On the drive during this trip Daddy told me about June. He said he had met someone special and thought if things continued to progress he would probably ask her to marry him. Turns out he did when he returned to New Zealand and they got married in December of that same year.

I will miss so many things about my daddy. His willingness to go, see, do being one of the things I will miss most. If there was ever something I was wanting to do that I knew Paul might not be for I knew my dad would. He was just a free spirit like that.  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment