Friday, October 30, 2015

What in the world?!



I started this blog in 2008 and have never been away from
It for this long! I don't know what got in to me. But I'm gonna get back on track of for nothing else but my kids. For them it's like an online scrapbook and since they don't have any real scrapbooks with memories from their growing up I better keep this one going. 

I never finished our Cali trip. Maybe I can get those posts done at some point. But for now I'll just go from here and start simple. 

I made a Lisa Frank horse cake last night for the daughter of one of my co-workers. She showed me a pic of one online and I tried to recreate it best I could. 
This was the example. 

Here's mine:

Came out pretty close although her colors are more vibrant than mine. And I forgot the bow on the braid. I made some cupcakes to supplant the cake and used the leftover icing for the cupcakes 

A few weeks ago I made this Little Dino cake. I wasn't familiar with this character and I didn't get the color of the Dino right but it came out pretty cute. 

I made this sweet cake for a sweet 14 year old this past weekend:
This icing technique is the easiest there is and it looks so pretty. Most ombré cakes go light to bottom from the top down but I find it easier to do from bottom up. I add a little color to my batch of icing in the mixer, do the layer at the bottom, add a little more color, do the next layer, and so on. 

A neighbor called r late one Saturday a few weeks ago saying she had forgotten to order a cake for her daughters birthday the next day. She asked if I would do a cake and said her daughter wanted a dog cake. I happen to have a dog cake pan so I told her I would do it. Turned out pretty cute. 

Mallory's birthday is tomorrow. We're going to see the new Peanuts movie Friday. She picked out Thai cake so I'll attempt it on Thirsday for Friday's birthday festivities.

So I'm back! I'm going to keep posting, even if they're not great posts, just to make myself get back in the habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment