Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mrs. Sims' Red Velvet Cake



Mrs. Louise Sims in Montgomery AL gave me her recipe for her red velvet cake back in the early 2000s. It is just the best, full-fledged authentic red velvet cake recipe there is in my opinion. I loved it so much we used it for our wedding cake (which I will show in another post). Saturday Mallory helped me make one for a friend from church for her birthday. Michael also helped lick the bowl.

This recipe calls for two 1 oz bottles of red food coloring.

I typed the recipe up some where but when I can't find that I use this original one from when I wrote it down while talking to Mrs. Sims on the phone. (It's not clear at all how to make it so if you ever want to make this cake please email me and I will get you the recipe that explains the steps better!)



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment