Monday, September 13, 2010

Veruca Matte

Today was Roald Dahl Day at Mallory's school and the students were encouraged to dress up as a character from one of his books. He is the author of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory among others so we chose the Veruca Salt from the 70s version of the movie. We had everything on hand except the black ribbon we used for the belt so it was fun to do. Paul took her to school and said he didn't see anyone else dressed up so naturally my heart was broken for her. I sure wouldn't want her to be made fun of. After a quick email to the school librarian I feel a little better. She did say the participation was low but that Mallory had gotten several compliments and she thought she looked adorable. I do too:) I have to watch myself on getting too into these things. It's the natural drama queen in me.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment