Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Earthquake

I had to move to East Prairie MO to feel my first earthquake and it happened last night around 4:00 in the morning. I woke up to the house shaking and I just knew that's what it was. Paul felt it too. I got up later and googled 'earthquake east prairie mo' and found this article...
We are near a major fault here called the New Madrid Fault if you've ever heard of it. The people here have felt earthquakes in the past. Guess it wasn't a huge one. The article says 4.0 magnitude. Very surreal.

UPDATE: I wrote the previous post before going to school this morning. The earthquake was all the talk all day around town. There are a lot more articles on it now and I even saw Shep Smith do an earthquake story on our little East Prairie on the Fox Report tonight. So thankful it wasn't worse. Here's another article about it.

1 comment:

  1. We felt our first earthquake in OK a few months ago. It was very unsettling...and it was only minor. I can't imagine being in a "big one".

    ReplyDelete