Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lothar

I was meaning to write up something special about my step father, Lothar Zell, on Father's Day but never got it done. I wanted to brag about how wonderful he has been to my mother since they married in 1995. He still, to this day, opens her car door to let her in every time they go somewhere. But wait, there's more! He, still to this day, goes around and opens it for her when they arrive at their destination as well. This is absolutely unheard of in this day and age. A lot of men do this when they're dating and trying to win the girl. Lothar, is still getting Mother's door 18 years later. E.V.E.R.Y T.I.M.E. Incredible.

He takes great care of my precious mommy and I am so thankful for him. He's an awesome Opa to my kids and has sat through many a kiddie movie with them. He's always pleasant to be around and is someone who gets things done. My favorite example of this was one day in June we were heading to the zoo in Montgomery. Lothar just had to stop and pick up a printing job he was having done that was ready. He wasn't going to let that go and it had to be done that morning. When did he need the flyers he was having printed? November.

If Mother asks Lothar to fix something or put batteries in her ipod he does in right there. He is Johnny on the Spot. He sets up the coffee every single night to brew the next morning. But not only that. He gets out a paper towel and puts two mugs on it and one spoon. (He's the only one who adds anything to his coffee.) He gets up at 430 am, even though he is retired, and always brings my mother her first cup of coffee in bed.

Lothar was raised in Germany and was sent to boarding school at a young age. He was taught to eat what was put before him and never complain. He does that to this day. Always cleans his plate and in record time. He says they couldn't talk during the meal times, just had to get down to business.

There is so much I could say about Lothar. He's really the best husband I could have ever hoped for for my mother. He's been quite generous with my brother and me all these years and we are blessed.

In closing I will just add this. Guess how many times my mother has put gas in her car in 18 years? One.

The end.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment