Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Way Down Yonder in the Pumpkin Patch

I took the kids to our local family farm/pumpkin patch a week ago and we had a big time. Only downside was that it was sooooo hot that day! But we didn't let the heat slow us down too much. Two years ago Mal had her birthday at this particular place and we were all very cold! 


I treasure these times with my kids and tried to soak in every activity, even checkers on one of those huge boards. Mallory wanted to play and was even willing to wait for another pair to finish their game so I played along with her. I'm no good at checkers and she beat me pretty bad! 

We took the hay ride out to the pumpkin patch where the kids each picked huge pumpkins. I had already bought a couple of pumpkins at Aldi for 2.29 each ( quite a steal. I love Aldi!) but I let them get a couple more on our outing. 




It makes me a bit sad to see the kids growing up so fast. Mallory will be 10 tomorrow and I just can't believe how quickly the years are flying by. 















All in all the afternoon was a wonderful time of making memories with my babies. A bit pricey when it was all said and done but worth every penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment