Sunday, October 26, 2014

Cake Week

This past week I had three birthday cakes  (one was cupcakes) to do. Thankfully they were all due on different days so I was able to get them done. I really love making and decorating cakes but they do take so much time. I always feel guilty when I'm working on cakes and can't be attentive to the kids. I wish I could just stay home all day working on cakes and be available to the kids when they get home!

This was the first one I did. It was for a first birthday. I made the fondant for the decorative pieces and the rest was buttercream. 

I also made a smash cake for little Barrett. 

Mallory was sick on Tuesday, Paul's birthday, so while I was home with her I made Paul a chocolate cake for his 55th:)


I also had time to make these cake pops for our last cheer practice. 


On Thursday I made these hedgehog cupcakes for my teacher's daughter. She loves hedgehogs and even has one for a pet so Leslie asked me to do some hedgehog cupcakes:)

Then on Friday I made another birthday cake. 

It was a busy week in the kitchen. I'm glad it's over. It was a bit stressful! This week I'm making another smash cake for Barrett's one year pictures. Then next week I'll make Mallory's birthday cake but hopefully that's it for a while!!'

No comments:

Post a Comment