Sunday, June 26, 2011

Walkin' in the Rain



The Y sponsored a 5 mile run and a 2 mile walk last weekend so Mallory and I signed up to walk the two miles. The morning of the walk it was dark and rainy and stormy and there was lightening but the race went on and so did we. Paul had a meeting so I pushed Michael in the stroller since I didn't think he would make it. I was proud of Mallory for her diligence in the rain. She did great! I hope we can more of these. The next day when I got to church Paul was helping the kids out of the car and said we were in the paper that morning. Sure enough this big ol' picture was up on the bulletin board in the foyer. The caption said something about us heading to the finish of the two mile walk and it looked like we were struggling to make it. I wanted to say "hey, last Saturday I was walking a marathon!" :)






No comments:

Post a Comment