Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Camp Sharon 2014

We're just back from a great week of church camp at Camp Sharon on the Lake of the Ozarks. We took 13 kids from East Prairie to Junior I week which is for 2nd-4th graders. Paul spoke each night and was a counselor. I was a counselor for the second year in a row and we both loved working with the children and the staff all week.

It was exhausting but exhilarating. We were definitely two of the oldest counselors but we hung in there as best as we could! A cute 20 year old counselor came up to me on Friday and asked if I could cover for her during one of the rec times for which we shared team captain responsibilities. She said she needed a nap and was so exhausted. I thought to myself, "how do you think I feel?!" ha! But I was glad to help out. The staff worked so well together. The younger set was so great. They are really great examples to our kids and I sure would love to see Mallory and Michael in those roles one day.

Here are a few pix from the week. We were so busy we hardly have time to take any pictures.

The kiddos we took from EP. Nine girls and four boys. Two years ago we didn't have any kids going to camp, last year we took 7 and this year 13. WE also have 8 going to Junior II which is 5 and 6 grades.


 

My cabin was Shady Oak for the second year. I slept in my same bunk. Hannah, my co-counselor and I had five darling girls.




Michael LOVED camp. He just did great for being one of the youngest campers there.

This is the water front where the kids swim and canoe. Paul and I both had a canoe class during the morning class times.

A few of the sweet girls getting ready for dinner one day!

Mallory thoroughly enjoyed camp again this year. She wasn't in my cabin this time which went well. It's almost not fair to be the only girl whose mom is telling them what to do all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment