Sunday, July 20, 2014

Major Cake Fail


My friend Sandy asked me to make a strawberry cake for her daughter Savanna's 20 th birthday. I didn't have a go to recipe so decided to try Paula Deen's straw cake recipe. The cake came out fine but the icing was way too runny. I don't know where I went wrong. I even added an entire extra bag of powdered sugar and it was still thin. I decided to go ahead and try it. I split the layers thinking maybe they wouldn't be as heavy so wouldn't slide off. Well I thought like a fish as my dad used to say. 

Here's evidence:



So I had to start over. I searched the net and found a different recipe so I made it. Not sure how it tastes but it came out much better. 

Redemption!


For this cake I used I am baker's from scratch strawberry cake recipe. But like I said I have no idea how this cake tastes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment