Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Detox day 10 - 18 to go

So I have these kakhi shorts that my friend Brooke gave me that I wear all the time. They had gotten so tight I could barely button them. Today...loose. 😄 Party. 

I guess there's not a whole lot to report today. I can tell you our cravings have all but vanished. I literally never think about coffee or wanting something sweet. And speaking of sweet, I got out a couple of strawberries to eat and they tasted soooo sweet. I guess when you're not used to eating sugar something the least bit sweet tastes extra sweet. 

Mallory is going to a math camp this week. They give out candy as rewards when the kids get problems right. I sent her with a ziplock of berries today so she could reward herself with a detox friendly snack:) Her teacher said she had seen an idea on Pinteredt that is basically dehydrating strawberries. Said they taste like candy. I found it online so we'll try it when we have four hours. You cut the berries in half and bake on 200 for two hours then turn over and do two more hours. I'll let you know how they come out :)

Tonight we had our leftover stuffed peppers and some fresh roasted veggies. I tossed zucchini, carrots and mushrooms in some olive oil and sprinkle S and P, paprika and red pepper flakes. Roasted at 425 about half an hour. Really good.  (This pic is before roasting)

We've completed 10 days. We're all doing well and feeling good. It's not like anybody is saying I'm dying, when will this be over, I hate it. Quite the contrary. 👍🏼

No comments:

Post a Comment