Thursday, June 16, 2016

Detox day 11- Thyroid Schmyroid

So I've been sooooooo tired lately with little to no energy. I haven't been sleeping well at all and I used to sleep great. I had read all this stuff about the detox and how you have so much more energy, etc so I started thinking my thyroid meds
might be off. I had a total thyroidectomy in April of 2015 after finding a large nodule on the left side. I used to hear people blame their weight problems on thyroid issues and I'd  basically roll my eyes inside. However, now that I've had mine out I know how real these problems are! So I'm sorry to all the people I ever pooh poohed when they mentioned their thyroid:)

I went yesterday to have my levels checked and got the results today. The TSH should between 3.5-5.5. Mine was 49.78. Off the charts. No wonder. I wasn't getting enough meds so that's why I've been so sluggish. 

The prescription was upped and hopefully I'll get my numbers leveled out in the near future. 

Unfortunately it might not be in time to affect how much weight I will lose on the detox. The thyroid hormone regulates ability to lose weight so with it being so off my results will likely be skewed. 

Nonetheless we press on. We tried this tasty recipe today that my friend Kimberly who is an Arbonne consultant posted.

 I couldn't find the coconut milk only the half coconut/half almond milk. But it was really good anyway!

Fun to try different shakes. They had really grown on me and I am honestly enjoying them! They're both better to me with a cup of ice. Makes them thick and cold like a real shake. Fun to drink with these straws. 
I woke up at 3:15 this morning and never went back to sleep so I'm going to try to do that now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment